Is this advice good or bad?
|Schloss Neuschwanstein, Germany|
What is a girl to do? Prepare ahead of time of course! Consider your Survival Center an extension of your Go-Bag.
If you are a homebody, turn your humble home into a Survival Center. If you prefer to be out and about, choose a place that is close enough to travel to without putting yourself and those you care about into too much danger.
What does a Survival Center need?
- It needs to be both easily accessible and easily defended. You should be able to let allies in without much trouble, but enemies should not have the same luxury.
- If the Survival Center is your home, equip the windows with heavy-duty shutters to prevent entrance via broken windows. Be sure to secure all the windows including the ones living people may overlook.
- If you are going out, make sure that your pre-determined destination has unbreakable windows and that it can be easily patrolled.
- Ample food and drinkable water need to be readily available.
- Equip the structure with a generator so that when the power fails, you will still have some of the comforts of modern living like running water and security systems.
- Have plenty of blankets, thermals, and sleeping-bags available for those cold nights.
- If possible, your Survival Center should have a wood burning stove. These put off heat and can be used to cook food or boil water for safe consumption. If you cook on the stove, be sure to use pots and pans without plastic on them as the heat will not be confined to an element or a burner.
- Of course any successful Survival Center will have an arsenal. Be certain that yours is stocked with both long range and short range weapons that you are proficient using. Having a 9x19mm Walther P99 will do you no good if you cannot accurately fire it.
Follow us @Anypocalypse
Suggest a topic!