For example, if you were to have a bad cold that included a fever and nasal discharge that was yellow in color, you might want to see a doctor. This goes doubly if those cold symptom last more than about seven to ten days and are accompanied with a headache, dental pain, facial pain, and a cough or chest congestion.
It’s a terrible fact, but we sometimes ignore our own health in favor of a variety of reasons that, in the wake of apocalyptic annihilation crushing the world around us, are really just excuses.
I can hear the protests from here.
- But that big project is due Friday!
- When the Rat Men of Lamron destroy the firm, that project won’t exist. The pain in your face will still be there.
- My doctor is all hung up on my weight and tries to make everything about it.
- Okay, that’s obnoxious. Ignore him and remember that in the post-apocalyptic wastelands to come a bigger waist line and a keen sense of smell will be survival tools.
- Little Jimmy will miss soccer, baseball, racquetball, football, and ballball practice!
- And when you die of meningitis, a brain abscess, or an infection of the bone, who is going to drive little Jimmy around?
|From What Can You Die From?|
Yes, if left untreated a sinus infection can kill you. Is it rare? Of course it’s rare! But that’s not the point: the point is that it’s possible. Just think of all the other things we ignore – things that are actually deadly on a regular basis – because of a looming deadline or a sports commitment or some other arbitrary whathaveyou that we value above our own health.
To be Survivors, we need to stop that crap. Stop it right now. We need to take care of ourselves now so that we can survive, adapt to, and overcome those Lamron bastards!
Preparing for the future starts with fixing the present.
If you feel sick, take some time to recover. Okay, I admit it, no one has unlimited sick time at her job. Whether you are employed, self-employed, or a stay-at-home mom, you have limited amount of time to just stay in bed and do nothing. However, you don’t have to go out when you don’t feel well. Try arranging for little Pete’s mom to drive little Jimmy to whatever it is he needs to go to. Hell, do the unthinkable and tell him he’s missing a practice. It won’t kill him to miss it, but driving him could kill you.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments!
Follow us @Anypocalypse
Suggest a topic!